Are these fish shrimp safe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MattS99

Aquarium Advice Regular
Minimal shrimp experience, was thinking of popping some amanos into the 20 long. Bit worried that they'd get eaten, especially by my voracious Colombian tetras. Would they be safe with these fish? A GBR A guppy A platy Glowlight tetras (7) Colombian tetras (6)

The ram would eat the shrimp, Colombians I'm not sure if they would, the guppy and Glowlight wont hurt them

The ram would eat the shrimp, Colombians I'm not sure if they would, the guppy and Glowlight wont hurt them
I really doubt the ram would, he's surprisingly the most docile fish in the tank. Even if he was a bit meaner, wouldn't amanos be a bit too big for him?

Usually most cichlids even dwarfs aren't shrimp safe, it may be a risk like a betta. No amanos will probably be a meal to him. But I could be wrong, but from my expierence, when I had a female and male gbr, they didn't survive, they ate my shrimp I had in their...... sad story. :(

Usually most cichlids even dwarfs aren't shrimp safe, it may be a risk like a betta. No amanos will probably be a meal to him. But I could be wrong, but from my expierence, when I had a female and male gbr, they didn't survive, they ate my shrimp I had in their...... sad story. :(
Oh dear, that makes sense why my RCS are gone in my tank that contains angelfish.

Rams will definitely kill the shrimps and it doesn't matter if its amano. They can't fit it so they will pick on him and kill to snack on your amano. Any cichlids big or small will go after shrimps because they smell shrimp same as they smell from there food. Shrimps are not safe with even small fish mostly so cichlids are out of the question for sure

Back
Top Bottom