assasin snail fail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimmypack100

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got 2 assasin snails for my 40 gallon plantes because of a baby snail infestation. Im not sure whats going on but the baby snails are attracted them why and will my assasin snail eventually kill them all.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130402_173515.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130402_173515.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 159
  • ForumRunner_20130402_173530.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130402_173530.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 150
He's wearing his victims' shells as a trophy!

(I have zero experience with assassin snails, just couldn't pass it up)

You might want to get a few more assassins. From what I've read they only eat about 1 snail a day. It took 5 of them to have a noticeable impact on the population in my 29g

Well i also have a striped nerite and a mystery snail i didnt want ti get too many of them because i heard that theyll gang up and kill a larger snail.

I also feed my fish in that tank blood worms do u think that theyll ignore the baby snails and go for the worms first?

You have malaysian trumpets, which are actually beneficial... i have a colony of easily 100+ in my 55g angel tank and intentionally overfed. For a bit 2 get numbers up... i started with 9...

I got 2 assasin snails for my 40 gallon plantes because of a baby snail infestation. Im not sure whats going on but the baby snails are attracted them why and will my assasin snail eventually kill them all.

Kulih loaches will kill and eat snails, but they may eat the assassin snails too.

I had 4 kuhlis in a snail infested tank and they didnt touch a snail, now i have 8 and still none eating snails... yoyo and botia loaches are the top snail eaters.

I had 4 kuhlis in a snail infested tank and they didnt touch a snail, now i have 8 and still none eating snails... yoyo and botia loaches are the top snail eaters.

Because they don't eat them lol period. People generally put loaches in one category as snail eaters which is incorrect because only a select bunch do

Back
Top Bottom