Assassin snail eggs!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sake

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Yay I found 4 assassin snail eggs on my stem plants, can't wait till they start hatching! It's weird the eggs are square o_O

That's weird, I've never seen my assassins eggs, I just see little teensy weensy assassin babies crawling around. Cool..... :cool:

Sorry about the quality cheap digital camera and all but here they are.....

HOW WEIRD! Lol.

I really want an assassin snail, but I love my ramshorns so much, and I don't know if in a 2g, the rams will reproduce quick enough to keep a steady population.

A fish meal -- perfectly portioned! lol.

LOL too bad they are in a RCS/snail only tank :p I am thinking of taking a few and placing them in my 29 gallon though. For some reason out of all the snails I like these the best.

That'd be a good idea :)

And they're certainly cool.

Once I'm 100% rid of planaria, I'll add 1 assassin snail.

You know this is just purely speculation, but one thing I've come to suspect is that assassin snails may eat planaria? I mean I know I overfeed, I have daphnia, nematodes, but no planaria. I have never seen them eat any, but then again I've never seen them eat a snail but i know they do by the empty shells. Just somewhat strange I have no planaria.

It took me a long time before I saw my first planaria. He must have been in there for a long time, too. Maybe you haven't seen them? But if you've seen daphnea and nematodes, then you most likely would see a planaria.

I've actually heard someone say that before. I just can't really believe it though. There's no conclusive evidence as of yet.

Someone should literally put a few together and see what happens.

I don't want to disrupt my balance any more as of yet though. I know planaria probably are eating my snail eggs, so they can't reproduce. I'm looking for that flubozebenal or whatever we discussed

Yeah everywhere I search people say no they don't. Now I have seen planaria but only once and it's not for lack of looking, I spend hours a day gazing into my shrimp tank lol. On a side note....my assassin snails are eating an algae wafer *sigh* silly buggers lol.

Wow more eggs than I thought! Now that I know what to look for, I've found 12 eggs. They seem to really like my anubius roots there's 5 on the roots alone.

I must have a 'sin snail. I will purchase one soon.

AS soon as I can find this medicine. Hehe.

Keep us posted on how many you have.

Back
Top Bottom