Assassin Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

creic38

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey guys. Thinking about getting 2 assassins for my 29 and 1 for my 10 to control the mts population. Do they kill mystery snails? I don't want to lose those guys. Thanks for answers on this!

Hey

I had a really bad problem with snails in my 4ft tank prob about 80 snails!! I brought 4 assassin snails and within a week all the snails were dead :) now my assassins just hunt round the tank for left over food :)

They will eat real small (babies;)) mystery snails but not the bigger guys. I have four in my 55 and forgot to take them out when my mystery snails hatched:( about four made it:(

Thanks for that info. My mysteries are about the size of a quarter. I guess they would be alright? I might just take the chance as I'm not really interested in having babies.

One more question: they won't go after shrimp, right?

I have never had one go after a live healthy shrimp, but you never know what a starving snail might do if it comes down to it.

Then I don't have anything to worry about. I'm good with the feedings. Thanks for the response!

Back
Top Bottom