Baby Snail??!! What the heck??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Number1cookie

Aquarium Advice Activist
Please tell me this is a baby snail and not some weird parasite!! Egads!!!! This is a zoomed in pic of it sitting on my java fern (please let it be a baby snail and not some funky stuff lol)

image-2252642294.jpg

image-2820838881.jpg

Zoomed out pic so you can see size

image-2004216672.jpg

It is moving, has what look like antennas... Kinda in the middle of the pic on the tip of the java fern

Definitely looks like a snail. Odd shell though. Can you get a better picture of the shell? Looks almost like a slug from head on!

Well they are not the easiest things to catch lol... I am going to have to enlist hubby's help since I don't want to touch "yucky" stuff lmao.... I am cool with my nitrite snails in my other tank as long as I am holding their shells...

If they are snails, how long until they get to reproducing age? Just so I know how long I have until hubby has to catch the ill punks lol

Definitely looks like a snail. Odd shell though. Can you get a better picture of the shell? Looks almost like a slug from head on!

If I can find them again I will try to get some different angle pics, I tried to catch one and the punk dropped out of my net into the sand and I lost him lol

I think baby ramshorn. They are cool and aren't bad for reproducing unless you over feed. They are fun to watch and will clean your tank. Sometimes the fish will eat them when they are little.

I noticed ur pic is an Oscar... i gave one thats almost 11 inches and she LOVES ramshorn snails!!! I even raise them for her and collect them when they are decent size, but before they can breed. Hope this helps!!

Back
Top Bottom