Bamboo Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aqualady40

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone...I was surprised today by my BF with a Bamboo shrimp and a pregnant ghost shrimp...I really like the ghost shrimp but I am afraid of the bamboo shrimp...I read they jump out of the tank...is that true? Will they eat my plants because he is really hiding out on my floating anacharis? Whats this about filters they like? I think this creature has to go back to the store...:(:(:(:ermm::ermm::ermm::ermm:

Oh my, what went wrong? My BS died...I found him on his side, dead!:( why? My guppies, ghost shrimp , and my hitch hiker baby snail are all fine.....I do my PWC daily after I test parameters (this is fish-in cycle)..Idk

Geronica said:
Oh my, what went wrong? My BS died...I found him on his side, dead!:( why? My guppies, ghost shrimp , and my hitch hiker baby snail are all fine.....I do my PWC daily after I test parameters (this is fish-in cycle)..Idk

BS are filter feeders and do better in established tanks, shrimp really shouldn't be used while fish in cycling, they can be pretty sensitive to ammonia and all the spikes that occur while cycling. Sorry you lost him, I really like these guys, so cool to watch them eat

Yeah I have four of those guys and love them!! They are pretty sensitive though. I would wait till you are fully cycled:)

Yes, bamboo shrimp need mature tanks, so they probably shouldn't be put in a cycling aquarium. I am even waiting a few months after my tank cycles to add a bamboo shrimp, just to make sure the tank is mature enough.

hcourts said:
Yeah I have four of those guys and love them!! They are pretty sensitive though. I would wait till you are fully cycled:)

This thread got me out and just bought two bamboos haha, I have fry food anyway so that can supplement them if there's not enough junk for them to eat

Awsome!! Mine hang in the filter inlet and I see them cruising around a lot. They are always where I can see them!! There pretty cool!!

Back
Top Bottom