bamboo Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi I, ve been wanting a couple of these guys for a while. I have amanos, Blue jelly and red nose rhino all in my 50 gallon. The tank is mature, my concern is feeding. Anyone got info on them. Thank you

Hi I, ve been wanting a couple of these guys for a while. I have amanos, Blue jelly and red nose rhino all in my 50 gallon. The tank is mature, my concern is feeding. Anyone got info on them. Thank you

In a well established tank you should be fine. It's in the filter where the microbes they feed on colonize, multiply and ultimately get dumped into your tank by the output / outflow. At first Bamboo'll explore the tank and sift the substrate looking for food ... however ... if they continually just sift through substrate, then they're not getting enough to eat.

What should happen is they'll eventually seek out a spot near the output where they can feed constantly. Providing DW, Rocks or Plants as a perch near the output will help them. Happy Bamboo will actually be very boring to watch as they'll spend hour after hour, day after day in the same area fanning the water. They are cool shrimp, just don't expect constant movement once they find their spot.

In a well established tank you should be fine. It's in the filter where the microbes they feed on colonize, breed and ultimately get dumped into your tank by the output / outflow. At first they'll explore the tank and sift the substrate looking for food ... however ... if they continually just sift through substrate, then they're not getting enough to eat.

What should happen is they'll eventually seek out a spoke near the output where they can feed constantly. Providing DW, Rocks or Plants as a perch near the output will help them. Happy Bamboo will actually be very boring to watch as they'll spend hour after hour, day after day in the same area fanning the water. They are cool shrimp, just don't expect constant movement once they find their spot.

Thanks, i have driftwood and live plants. Been thinking about getting some for a while :)

They are fun to watch fan the water ... but that does get a bit old after a while. If it weren't for the fact they get fairly big and have cool brown and or red colors, they'd be dull shrimp.

They are fun to watch fan the water ... but that does get a bit old after a while. If it weren't for the fact they get fairly big and have cool brown and or red colors, they'd be dull shrimp.

Cheers, I, ve been on the Internet seeing what i can add because of my jelly shrimp i can't add cherries. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks

Cheers, I, ve been on the Internet seeing what i can add because of my jelly shrimp i can't add cherries. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks

Ah yes Blue Jelly Shrimp if I'm not mistaken... Yep they're like blue versions of RCS's / Rili's.

How about Tiger Shrimp? Won't breed with any of the shrimp (even with Amano's) in your tank and if your maintaining good tank conditions, they should thrive. There's 4 versions readily available online ...Regular, Red-Tiger, Orange Eye BlueTiger and Orange Eyed Black Tiger. The last two are very sensitive and Expensive.

A slightly more expensive option of the Tiger shrimp are Super tiger shrimp. More prominent yellow color than regular Tiger. Personally .. go with regular Tiger .. active and I love mine!

Ah yes Blue Jelly Shrimp if I'm not mistaken... Yep they're like blue versions of RCS's / Rili's.

How about Tiger Shrimp? Won't breed with any of the shrimp (even with Amano's) in your tank and if your maintaining good tank conditions, they should thrive. There's 4 versions readily available online ...Regular, Red-Tiger, Orange Eye BlueTiger and Orange Eyed Black Tiger. The last two are very sensitive and Expensive.

A slightly more expensive option of the Tiger shrimp are Super tiger shrimp. More prominent yellow color than regular Tiger. Personally .. go with regular Tiger .. active and I love mine!

I, ve just been looking on ebay at tiger shrimp lol they had the black tiger on as well as regular, can't believe the price difference! I think I might get the regular tiger's they're pretty looking. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom