Bamboo Shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TrueEnvy

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello every one I want to get a bamboo shrimp but I as told by the associate that the need to be in sets of 3+. Would it be fine if I get jest one? I have 15ghost shrimp,2yoyo loaches,2corys,1ABN pleco, and 4 small angels. I'm also going to get some dwarf Gouram. My angels don't bother the ghost shrimp at all so I'm sure the bamboo shrimp well do fine.

Bamboo are ok on their own, if you get one make sure you acclimatise it for at least an hour as they're sensitive. When I got mine he hid for about a week before he was brave enough to come out and started fanning, now he sits on a plant right in front of the filter all day apart from when he moults. Liked him so much I got two more then a couple of Cameroon giants. They're with a betta and he doesn't bother them so I imagine similar sized fish should be the same.

Ok cool and when you say acclimate do you mean like drip acclimation?

It's my understanding as well that Bamboo Shrimp are very delicate when it comes to any pH shift. So as posted above, a long acclimation period by drip method is proper.

They also need a mature tank as they are filter feeders, i target fed my bamboo and do the same for my giant African shrimp. They're great shrimp to have :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

My tank has been up for like 3yrs haha I jest got one and he's in that tank he's hiding cuz all of my fish want to check him out and my ghost shrimp scare the crap out of him lol but he is eating and looks healthy

Mine has been alone for a long time and did fine :) just added 3 huge Amanos recently and he doesn't even approach them ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399883039.289932.jpg when he's not under the filter flow he's front and center :)

Looking good guys, mines just turned a deep red, might be time for his second moult ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1399884640.965843.jpg

She looks like my female. Identical even. I had a male and female in my tank at one point. The male recently died though. When I first got my female, she climbed out of the tank one night and I almost stepped on her then next morning. She was almost dry and wasn't moving. I put her back in the tank and she's never climbed out again and she outlived the male that I bought about a year later.

I LOVE the Dalek! Where did you find it?

She looks like my female. Identical even. I had a male and female in my tank at one point. The male recently died though. When I first got my female, she climbed out of the tank one night and I almost stepped on her then next morning. She was almost dry and wasn't moving. I put her back in the tank and she's never climbed out again and she outlived the male that I bought about a year later.

I LOVE the Dalek! Where did you find it?

That's crazy, I haven't had anything like that with them gladly =P The dalek is from amazon, got a cyber man and tardis cave too they're really good.

That's crazy, I haven't had anything like that with them gladly =P The dalek is from amazon, got a cyber man and tardis cave too they're really good.

Omg... Tardis cave? I'm off to search the internet!

Love it! The great thing is... A tardis can pretty much blend in to any tank! Just another planet :D! Thank you for the inspiration!

Back
Top Bottom