Bamboo Shrimp Care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheDude

Aquarium Advice Activist
Recently purchased 2 bamboo shrimp for my 36 gallon, both are still hiding away after 3 days. Will they acclimate and come out more often? Also any specific needs to suit these fellas?

Yes, you need to put a structure up near the outflow of your filter so that they can sit in the flow. So a piece of wood or decor or sturdy tall plants.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Perfect I already have river rock and driftwood set there. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

haven't seen them picking at the sand. but they have just been hiding on the underside of a piece of drift wood still.

Do they have their fans out? They really aren't that active. Of the fans are out that means they are eating and it is all good. Mine will sit for days without moving just fanning/eating

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Mine hid for a few days before picking his favorite feeding perch. Be careful as mine was also an escape artist who took walkabouts around the kitchen floor on more than one occasion

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If you find them picking at the sand you can also try target feeding them. I target my vampire shrimp just to make sure they get enough to eat.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

Back
Top Bottom