Bamboo Shrimp hiding "IN" HOB filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

evil Nick

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just got a full grown (HUGE) bamboo shrimp.
He escaped once, I believe overnight, but survived and was put back int he tank.
He seems to like to go into the HOB filter (tetra whisper) and hide in there. I guess he likes the flow for fanning. There is plenty of flow under the filter from the output and plenty of plants for him to cling to fanning. He actually spent a while there but then as soon as the light went off he was right back IN the filter.
Theres no fish in the tank that seem to go after him, in fact most seem scared of him.
I plan on swapping the tank to a 55 with a canister in the coming weeks so do you guys think I should just leave him where he is if hes comfortable there or should I possibly get him out and shrimp proof the output for now?

I secured the lid more so he shouldnt be able to get out again but Im afraid if I keep pulling him from the filter he will eventually climb out again.
My water conditions are fine so I dont think its that. I honestly think its just afraid to be in the tank with the fish because as soon as one comes near him he darts even though none of them try to attack or nip.

Does anyone think getting another one from the store might incline him to come back down or will I end up with a filter clogged with various shrimps and snails.

Back
Top Bottom