Bamboo shrimp Picotope

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Camescu

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm considering doing a Picotope for bamboo shrimp. Fast flowing river conditions etc.

Looking online I can not find examples of the natural habitat in the wild. I'm thinking what sort of plants etc? Stones or not? If so, what type? Wood? Etc etc.

Anyone got any information or can point me in the right direction so i can research these shrimp's natural habitat please?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice assuming the app didn't crash.

Thanks. Sadly that doesn't give me the info I am after. I'm really looking for specifics on their natural habitat. Flora and fauna specifics, geological specifics etc.

Thanks. Still not what I am aiming for. I probably want a non fish forum to learn about a geographical and geological area. Thanks anyway for input. :)

So far as I know, they inhabit faster flowing streams, with pebbly bottoms. They like to hang onto rocks or wood. I know a nice guy I can ask for some specific info, he is from their native areas and has even helped catch them for sale. Might take a couple weeks before I can find out though.

Cheers. That would be sweet.

Back
Top Bottom