Best chance shrimp breeding ? All advice welcome

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Deeks14

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 100ltr medium planted tank
6 harlequin
9 glow light tetra
3 corys
5 otto
2 bamboo shrimp
6 armano
Iv just bought 6 blue jelly shrimp and I'm looking to breed them cause their small and I'd like more in the tank
Would I be wiser putting them into a guppy fry cube or just let them go and take a chance

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

If your goal is to breed shrimp you almost always want to keep them in their own tank. You might have luck with them in a community but most of the time the babies will just become snacks for other fish.

What if I put the berried shrimp into a fry net within the tank

That might work. I don't think anyone on that list is gonna go out of their way to get them.

I haven't tried breeding shrimp myself yet so I can't speak from experience. I've just researched it, a lot. I'm starting a few shrimp tanks out of my nanos. Everything I've read says it's best to keep them alone if you want to breed them, but that had always been my plan so I didn't look into ways around it, but I'm sure there are ways to do it.

If you have success with moving them to a fry net and breeding them, give an update.

Will do

Back
Top Bottom