Best food for cherry shrimps to brighten their colour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bhavik95

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What is the best food to feed cherry shrimps so they get good colour!
I want them to be bright red but that comes with breeding as well as food

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I haven't really kept shrimp but I tend to use freeze dried krill to bring out red color in fish. No idea if shrimp will eat that! Also, maybe food high in iron since that gives off a red color? Broccoli might be good.

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Han Aquatics makes specific vegetable based foods, I've found both the red beet and red pepper help with shrimp color.

I have not found any particular food changes their color. Just feed them a healthy diet (sliced veggies are good in addition to the algae in the tank), keep their environment clean with regular water changes, make sure there are no predators (fish) in the tank, and as they reproduce just remove the least colorful ones and after a few months you will notice the colony becomes brighter and brighter red.

Hi the thing is most of the males are colourless and not really seeing any colour from them and then there is some female shrimps which are not as bright

Also I have one which is the biggest and brights female shrimp in my tank but she has stop producing eggs for some reason...
Why is that?

I believe the males in lower grade RCS have very little coloration.
No idea why the female stopped producing eggs. When was the last time she was berries? Have the previous broods/clutches successfully hatched and fry survived to juvenile stage?

Back
Top Bottom