Best shrimp to keep with Angelfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

captaincritical

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello all,

I'm a new user and I'm in the process of setting up my first aquarium. It's a 35g that I'll eventually be filling with peaceful community fish. One of the main things that drew me to this hobby was stumbling upon videos of red cherry shrimp and falling instantly in love with them. As such, I want to include shrimp of some kind in this build.

I'm several weeks from adding any livestock (still need to finish setting up and cycling properly), but I'm wondering what type of shrimp would be best suited for sharing a tank with several small schooling fish and a single angel. My main concern is having them end up as food. I'm also a little concerned that they'll breed like crazy and I won't have anyone to sell them to.

I know amano shrimp don't tend to breed in captivity, and are a little bigger than RCS. Would they be a good choice?

Any other suggestions are welcome and embraced with lots of newbie gratitude. :lol: Thank you!

I would suggest amanos, ghost shrimp, or bamboo shrimp. Those would be my choices for safe shrimp. Rcs are sadly a bad idea as they will make a tasty snack for the angels.

Back
Top Bottom