Bloated/stuffed themselves amano shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragon14

Aquarium Advice Addict
About a week and a few days ago, two of our six Amano shrimp gorged themselves on the piece of cucumber we put into the tank with a skewer. We took it out as soon as we realized they were looking bloated. We like to feed our critters veggies but... we are afraid of our shrimp doing this again and until they are not bloated anymore, no more veggies :(

Their bellies look bloated. Their "paddles" (for lack of a better word, I hope you know what I mean!) are also bloated, which I find very strange.

Other than this, they seem fine.

Has anyone had this happen to their shrimp before? Is there anything we can do to help with the bloating? Or do we just need to wait it out.... Also we would like to avoid this happening in the future but not sure how.

Any ideas :) ?

They are kinda little pigs... I am not going to feed veggie wafers to anyone in the tank for a few days... last night and the day before a bloated shrimp grabbed a piece and ran off with it.... ay yei yei. We got them for Mr. Algea (our bn pleco) our Pandas, and yeah for the shrimp too, but, they are pigs! Sometimes a shrimp will try to take a piece of wafer away from one of our panda cories. Or vice cersa. lol. Funny critters.

I just want to know if they are going to be ok or not. It is so weird, and so far internet searching is not really coming up with anything.

Back
Top Bottom