Blue bolts or blue velvet shrimps?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
I own some extreme blue bolts. But I want to buy some dream blue velvet shrimps too. I understand the water parameters difference. I just want to know which ones look more beautiful. This is extreme blue bolts I have.

DSC_4915.jpg

And this is what the LFS guy sent me. He is in different city so he send me pictures and I order accordingly.

IMG-20171224-WA0034.jpg

I have never seen blue velvet shrimps in person so anyone of you who kept both please advise. I am confused because dream blue looks like see through or like little transparent body and which is holding me back.

Please advise. Thanks.

Those are great looking Blue Bolts!

Blue Velvets are also pretty much see thru. Here is a younger one, so it isn't as dark as the older ones (pic from 2013)
60074-albums13090-picture64811.jpg

Its a very beautiful looking shrimp you have and thanks for liking my blue bolts. This one is mosure blue bolt. I have I think two like this. Others are normal but extreme blue bolts.

Blue neocaridinas in above picture which my supplier has is Fantasy blue which is different than dream blue velvets I believe. I will buy few to see how they look. This another picture he sent. He is also an hobbyist so we share pictures over mobile

IMG-20171225-WA0024.jpg

This picture reminded me of Lion King movie poster lol.

Attachments

• _20171226_105025.JPG
    _20171226_105025.JPG
    74.7 KB · Views: 57
Yes, that does look like the shrimp version! Shrimp King! Hahahaha

That Blue Fantasy ( I am not specifically familiar with this name) is also a great color!!!

Nice to have a fellow hobbyist with good looking stock!

Is the Blue Fantasy also Neo?

Yes, that does look like the shrimp version! Shrimp King! Hahahaha

That Blue Fantasy ( I am not specifically familiar with this name) is also a great color!!!

Nice to have a fellow hobbyist with good looking stock!

Is the Blue Fantasy also Neo?
Thanks yes its Neocaridina and of course same water parameters as cherry shrimps. I actually didn't see so blue neos ever. I asked him and he said they aren't dream blue they are fantasy blue so after a little search I found out its a variation which has intense blue color. Still some people call it dream blue like I use to call when didn't know. I decided to buy Bees only but finding it hard to miss this opportunity.

Yes this guy has fish store. They specialize in discus fish and has collaboration with famous German stendker discus farm. All shrimps they have are German imports and best looking specimen only. He is shrimp lover and has all the shrimps possible in his personal collection. He sold me some from his personal collection too. Very nice guy.

Back
Top Bottom