blue velvet shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reign

Aquarium Advice Activist
So, I ended up buying these at a local auction before my shrimp tank was even ready (stupid me, I know) I think it's close to being cycled as I added an old sponge and the ceramic filter media from an already cycled tank.

Right now I have them (10) sitting on the side of my 10 gallon in a breeder box with some java Moss and sand. T

They don't really do much, and I've dropped some shrimp pellets in that my amanos love but they wont really eat it.. would some veggies be better for new borns? They're about 1-2 cm long now with some color. I just don't know how long they'll last sitting there and I'm worried. My badis badis probably stress them out cuz they're always nipping at the plastic. Darn things.

I was told they're pretty similer to cherry shrimp and fairly hardy. But I checked my water and it's HARD. Like 16 kh... So I want to go do a 50/50 mix of distilled and tap water as well as change the substrate since it's really bright..

Any help / ideas would be appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom