Brine shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vienolac

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm assuming this is the best place for this.

Concerning brine shrimp hatchery, I set one up once, it worked pretty well I used 2 20 fl oz bottles
But I was confused, how do I harvest the shrimp.
It said to rinse it off, but I couldn't figure that out. Also
Is there anyway to store the left over shrimp? Because there is no way my fish need to eat that much brine shrimp in one session

The easiest way to store the shrimp, is to lower the amount of eggs you put into your mixture. Once they hatch, they will die. I am not sure if fish really enjoy dead Brine Shrimp.

The way I harvest my Brine Shrimp is to very slowly pour the water through a coffee filter. This allows just the water through and not the Brine Shrimp.

Let me know if you have more questions!

Turn off aeration let it sit till the egg shells float to top than use a medicine pippet and connect a piece of air tubing to it than use that to suck up brine shrimp from the bottom of bottle without getting any shells

After I hatch my brine shrimp, ill filter them with a coffee filter and to store the extra I add some fresh water to the rinsed shrimp and freeze them in cubes

Oh! That would probably be helpful. I used the tubing an syringe. But I couldn't get a good seal from hose to syringe

Back
Top Bottom