Brine shrimp raising

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alec18

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I successfully hatched my first batch of brine shrimp. After they were hatched I siphoned them into a one gallon tank. I filled the tank with half a gallon of salt water and a light. I'm going to start feeding them crushed frog pellets in a couple days. And hopefully with changing the salt water everyday an feeding every three they should grow to be adults to feed to my puffers and other tank. Any advice or raising them? Here's a pic of my tank

Attachments

• image-2030273101.jpg
    image-2030273101.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 113
Most people feed them as new hatched babies.. they have the most nutrition then.

But there is information on raising them to adult size.. try looking up Sea Monkeys.

Brine shrimp have been sold as Sea Monkeys for decades, as pets, to keep as adults. Likely find more info there on how to keep them as adults than most sites. Most deal only with hatching them and feeding them right away.

As stated newly hatched shrimp are best for actual feeding. While they still have their egg sac is best nutritionally (and allows for scheduling of hatches).

Back
Top Bottom