Can any1 tell me what these lil buggers are??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lunch

Aquarium Advice Freak
Freshwater tank
Fake plants
I first saw this little bugger a cpl weeks ago, though back then it was white and about half the size, not really sure where it came from, I know I didn't pay for it. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1427089395.847230.jpg
Sorry bout the quality of the photo..

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Hi, it's a ramshorn snail, I keep them in my tank's without any issues as long as you don't overfeed they'll be fine.
Or you can always remove it if you prefer.

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

I make sure I don't overfeed as this can cause them to overrun the tank.
I like mine I have red, blue and purple ramshorn and find them great little workers! They're good with algae, rotting plant's and food that's left behind. But I know not everyone likes them. It's really up to you :)
And if I get too many I remove them by hand.
55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

I love my snails and they do a very good job at keeping things clean as mentioned :)

So i had a little algae growing on my dw and the glass needed a good clean and i wanted a nice clean tank for the new tenant ( a gbr) cos apparently they require a super clean tank, it wasnt dirty, i just decided to do a full noise clean, deep gravel vac, plant, ornament, glass and filter clean and reset the layout with some additional caves and overhangs. I thought the number of ramshorns was at about 7 cos that is how many are on the glass every morning but no, they were everywhere, on the glass, the ornaments, the plants and even in the filter so i employed the old "push" method of control, which my harlequins thoroughly enjoyed, lets just say i did the killing, they hid the evidence, at last count i was up to about 25.

Back
Top Bottom