Can anyone tell me what this snail is?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wendyt0212

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412628730.291403.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412628794.311254.jpg
It came in on a plant shipment I got. I contacted them but I haven't heard back yet. It doesn't look like he's eating my plants. This is a freshwater set up ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412628875.577392.jpg

Looks like a pond snail to me. Tough to tell from those pictures though.

Yeah it was hard getting a good shot. He's pretty quick too. His shell it's kind of s mottled brown and tan coloring. Tear drop shaped. His body is grey.

Bladder snail. Often found in ponds, hence often called pond snails, but there are at least a couple of other common pond snail species too. Bladder snails rarely exceed 3/8 inch in length, are quite fast movers compared to most other snails, and reproduce very quickly. They lay eggs in small blobs of clear jelly like material, which hatch out upward of a dozen babies at a time.

If you have shrimp, try crushing any bladder snails you find and letting them sink, as shrimp will eat the snail bodies with great relish.

Back
Top Bottom