can bamboo shrimp and rcs live well together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Paulcm10

Aquarium Advice Freak
The title says it all.
I'm just curious if they do and I wanted to make sure before buying one.

In my opinion they do, I have quite a lot RCS, 2Bamboo Shrimp and 5 Amano Shrimp and all get along great. Bamboo shrimp are very mellow pets, have them in my community tank and they live in true harmony lol

What is the tank size and filtration/current? Bamboo Shrimp are filter feeders. This means they gather small food particles out of the moving water using their fan-like appendages. Other than meeting that requirement you will be fine!

I have a 20g tank and I've given my tank time to mature so in about two weeks or so. My filter is HOB aquaclear and the current seems to be good cause when I drop an algae wafer its moving it all over the place haha

Paulcm10 said:
I have a 20g tank and I've given my tank time to mature so in about two weeks or so. My filter is HOB aquaclear and the current seems to be good cause when I drop an algae wafer its moving it all over the place haha

Then you will be a-ok! Although it may not feed on the actual wafer.

Oh yah I didn't expect it to. I may work on putting more plants in before getting one. Thanks for the advice!

Paulcm10 said:
Oh yah I didn't expect it to. I may work on putting more plants in before getting one. Thanks for the advice!

Or some driftwood pieces (haven't seen your tank). The Bamboo Shrimp will enjoy being a little higher up to fine the current. Good luck!

this is what my tank looks like right now.
i need to get another driftwood and some cholla wood.

Attachments

• IMAG0277.jpg
    IMAG0277.jpg
    158.4 KB · Views: 89
Back
Top Bottom