Can someone tell me what my snail is doing to the thermometer?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SandyCheeks

Aquarium Advice Freak
This is Gary the Snail. My first photo upload so here it goes . . .

Attachments

• image-1131035208.jpg
    image-1131035208.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 108
  • image-3047625721.jpg
    image-3047625721.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 110
Nice snail! Your snail is giving the thermometer a good clean! Mine are all over everything love watching them :)

I just love watching him, he is such a character. I had to remove him from the guppies, they kept nipping him and he would hide. Now that he has his own tank he has really come out of shell. ;) He does laps around the tank! My husband comes come and says "what did Gary do today?" because he is always trying something. I never knew a snail would be the most fun guy in an aquarium. I think I will look this weekend for a friend for him. Is he called an Apple Snail? Are there different colors? If I got him another type of snail, would they get along? My male guppies fight alot, not sure if snails do. I also want to add some live plants. What type would be safe for him? He tries to climb on the plastic ones, but usually falls off.

I just love watching him, he is such a character. I had to remove him from the guppies, they kept nipping him and he would hide. Now that he has his own tank he has really come out of shell. ;) He does laps around the tank! My husband comes come and says "what did Gary do today?" because he is always trying something. I never knew a snail would be the most fun guy in an aquarium. I think I will look this weekend for a friend for him. Is he called an Apple Snail? Are there different colors? If I got him another type of snail, would they get along? My male guppies fight alot, not sure if snails do. I also want to add some live plants. What type would be safe for him? He tries to climb on the plastic ones, but usually falls off.

He's an apple he, ll get on just fine with any snail you put in with him. I have different breeds of snails and there's no problems. Any live plants will be fine, java fern, moss balls, Anubias anything really. I love watching my apples too so your not the only one lol

Back
Top Bottom