Can these shrimp be kept together?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maffnnat

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Can you keep red cherry shrimp and amano shrimp in the same tank?

Can you keep red cherry shrimp and amano shrimp in the same tank?

Yes ... and you can add another Cardinia to the same tank like Tiger Shrimp.

Amano shrimp only breed with other Amano's as far as I'm aware. I have all three in my shrimp tank. Please note Amano are notorious food stealers. I've seen mine jump right into a pile of shrimp on top of a small piece of algae wafer and the Amano scoop it right up and swim away.

Ok. I didn't know if the amano shrimp would attack or eat the cherry shrimp with them being smaller

Also can they go in a tank with x ray tetras and leopard Corys.

Adult Amano might be ok as they get large enough that most tetra ignore .. but RCS with most fish are almost always an issue. If you provide enough hiding places with Rocks, DW and Plants, you'll be able to sustain an RCS colony. I have an RCS colony in my 75gal full of Barbs so it's doable.

BTW .. forgot to add ... don't expect to see too much of your shrimp if they're with fish. Their instinct will be to hide .. I rarely see my RCS .. and when I do it's just a couple at a time. Almost the same with my Amano, they come out a little more often than my RCS ... even if they are big enough not to be eaten.

Back
Top Bottom