Can't get ramshorn snails to populate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SNorlin

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok, so a yr ago I was on here trying to deal with an outbreak of ramshorn snails. I had 200+ in my 29 gallon tank. I got 2 assassin snails and 3 yoyo loaches. I noticed a few months ago that I hadn't seen a snail for a while and the algae in my tank was getting unmanageable. I have bought more snails, I have been given more snails, I have even started breeding them in another tank. Everytime I add a handful of snails back into my 29 gallon, they are gone and I don't see any by the next day. Is there anyway I can repopulate the tank? I never thought I would want them, but I do very much. I have caught 1 of the original assassin snails and one of their offspring and taken them back to the store. Any ideas? ( other than pouring 100 in there at a time? (.i have also found a few snails floating dead in the water - never seen this before and my parameters are all good & water is hard so I know their shells should be okay - I am also NOT adding anything with copper). Help.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Maybe figure out why you're getting such bad algae rather than trying to figure out how to get a huge snail population. What's your lighting situation, plants, fertilizers, any sunlight, etc.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom