Caribsea floramax and shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ksimmons8001

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 30 gallon planted tank with caribsea floramax substrate. My pH stays around 7.6. I saw the warnings on the floramax bag that says it is not compatible with invertebrates. Does anyone here have success with amano or cherry shrimp with this substrate?

It is the midnight black. The last little leaf on the front says may raise pH: may not be suitable for discus and some freshwater shrimp.IMG_20180408_001009582.jpg

So what does your pH seem to be running at, and what is it out of the tap, and then after sitting for 48 hours?

This note would be especially for some Caridina shrimp like CRS.

Some shrimp like a little hardness but not really above 7.5 pH - Cherry shrimp (Neocaridina) and Tangerine Tigers (Caridina) as examples.

Really it will depend on your tap parameters as a start.

My phstays steady at 7.6. I have crushed coral in my canister as it is below 6 out of the tap. We have well water here with a lot of pines around. Our well is only 40 feet down.

Do you mean the 30G?

I use Kent Marine superbuffer dKH for calcium and plain no additives also inexpensive for water changes to stabilize / add buffering capacity.

Before that there was some issues with pH crash.

Back
Top Bottom