cherry shrimp not getting big

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mogens

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had red cherry shrimp for about a year now. There breeding fine and look healthy. My question. Why are they not getting larger than a half inch.
Thanks,Mogens

I have had red cherry shrimp for about a year now. There breeding fine and look healthy. My question. Why are they not getting larger than a half inch.
Thanks,Mogens

Cherry shrimp don't get spectacularly large typically. Another thing that could help is getting some extra calcium in the water for exoskeleton construction. Shrimp also tend to just do a lot better when the available calcium is higher. Cuttle bone, like those found it pet stores for birds, is a great option for this. There is a product called wondershell that also adds a large amount of calcium/ minerals to the water. Another thing that could help is feeding a quality diet. I like Hikari Crab Cuisine for shrimp. It is a great complete diet for breeding/ growing shrimp.

Thanks,Dallascowboy. Will try the calcium.
Regards,Mogens

I second that vote on calcium. Mine were shrimpy :)whistle:sorry) until I started giving them the Crab Cuisine. Didn't know about the wonder shell. Calling around for it right now...

Thankyou ADsnails. Guess Hikari seams to be the way to go.
Regards,Mogens

Back
Top Bottom