Cold water crayfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bowhunterking

Aquarium Advice Activist
My crayfish died 2day, I'm guessing durring molting... WHat are some freshwater species i could keep In cold water, I have a cold water tank now with nothing to do with it.

most crayfish is cold water. it had molting issues probably because your water's gh is too low and he didn't have enough calcium to make his shell or gh is too high and his shell is too thick and he died trying to molt

You can keep most Crayfish in cold water as stated above. I add crushed coral, just a handful per 20gal and ground egg shells. I put the egg shell in the filter media and it seems to work well. I also put some larger pieces of egg shell in a styrofoum container and placed it outside half filled with tank water. I let the alge grow over it and the crayfish love it. They eat both. Also snails help with calcium. The crayfish love to eat them.

Any of the White Cloud Mountain Minnows...They are actually VERY pretty and interesting. There are golden and long fin varieties.

Also I have a friend selling baby Red Cajun Crawfish pretty reasonably. You can PM me for additional info.

You can keep most Crayfish in cold water as stated above. I add crushed coral, just a handful per 20gal and ground egg shells. I put the egg shell in the filter media and it seems to work well. I also put some larger pieces of egg shell in a styrofoum container and placed it outside half filled with tank water. I let the alge grow over it and the crayfish love it. They eat both. Also snails help with calcium. The crayfish love to eat them.

I feed mine pond snails that I breed, he loved them.

Back
Top Bottom