Crawfish and cuttle bone? (And one more question)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cheryldooley

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I've been researching on crayfish and one thing I keep seeing is cuttlebone is essential for them. My question is.. Do you put that thing right on the tank full of water? Won't it cloud the tank a bit or make the water gross? How do you go about cuttle bone in the tank for them? One of mine just molted today :) yay first time it happened for me! Neat experience.

Also I have a berried crayfish whose eggs seem to have gone from black to kind of light yellow and some white. Are these babies going to live or are they dying? I'll attach the best I could get of the odd eggs!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392078994.669311.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392079035.054153.jpg

Thank you

Cuttlebone won't cloud up the water and those eggs look like they're doing okay to me! Once they start hatching, you can just let nature take its course and there will be cannibalism but some will live. Or you can move the mama to a different tank, rub the babies off her, then put her back in her regular tank.

Thank you for the response and I will just let nature take course and provide hiding spots..

Well she dropped them all today while I was out! But I saw a few took her out so I could shake her of ad none left so... Hope they are just hiding. I'm unsure. The ones I saw hid well. Now I have another newly berried crayfish! Yikes. Don't know what to do if they all survive. I can't even put them in my baby tank cuz I have quite a few baby fry in there from my mollies and don't think is safe to put then together..

Back
Top Bottom