Crystal Red Shrimp advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kevintrinhtrinh

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i am currently using tap water which has high kh, ph and gh for my CRS.
My current water parameters are:
PH - 6.4
KH - 4
GH - 6
Ammonia - 0

is there any other way to lower KH and GH without using RO/DI water?
My shrimps have been dying 1 by 1

Your water parameter is fine even if your kh is a little high. Don't aim for perfect water parameters, aim for clean water first.
Check what is your nitrite and nitrate.

Is your tank cycled?

i havent got any nitrite or nitrates test kit, i might need to get them. are they important? my tank has been running for 3 months. how do i tell if it's cycled? ive used some bacteria booster for starting the tank up.

i havent got any nitrite or nitrates test kit, i might need to get them. are they important? my tank has been running for 3 months. how do i tell if it's cycled? ive used some bacteria booster for starting the tank up.

I'd advise getting a liquid test kit where you can test for pH, ammonia, nitrite, nitrate. API sells a full kit called "API FRESHWATER MASTER TEST KIT"

I'm also pretty sure they sell the individual bottles like say you run out of one. Don't take my word on that though.

I would hold off on the shrimp till you are sure the tank is cycled otherwise they won't last long. You can't know if it's cycled without a nitrite and nitrate test.

Once you can test for those post it here and we can tell if your cycle has finished or not.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom