Depressed mystery snail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Squiffy

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've read up on diseases that might affect a mystery snail but I'm not coming up with any answers.

I had 2 mystery snails who paired off and were pretty awesome together. The female accidentally jumped ship looking for a spot to last her eggs and severely cracked her shell and passed away :(

Ever since then the male snail has been lethargic and just seems depressed. It's been a few weeks and he hasn't snapped out of it. Nothing in his environment has changed other than losing his woman. Water is clean 0 ammonia, 0 nitrite, 20 nitrate.

He only moves to get air then lays back down and sits there for a very long time. He'll poke his head out and eat whatever is near him, but he won't move to eat.

I'm worried about him. Any ideas what could be wrong?

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey there, did you try getting another snail or two? Maybe he will perk up with company? I've read they only live a few years and how many depends on water temp. The higher the temp the faster they grow and the shorter their lifespan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

He's currently in a tank with 2 females and a few baby snails. The temp is 73°F. And he's not even a year old yet.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom