Enjoying my new Thai Micro Crabs [emoji886]

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RoboFish808

Aquarium Advice Regular
These guys are tiny, and slow, but make my 2.5 planted shrimp tank a blast to watch when you can see them!

IMG_5934.jpg

Enjoying my new Thai Micro Crabs ?

Oh wow - very nice. Interesting and different.

Thank you! This 2.5 features some tiny pond snails, an assassin snail, a nerite snail, 4 hand picked hybrid youth guppies of my own special custom breeds, 7 various Neocaridina, a small caridina, and 5 thai micro crabs. As for plants, I have spikerush, tall hairgrass, dwarf sagittarius, java ferns, java moss, moss ball, tall anubias, and this crowny plant that grows like wild that I don’t know the name of.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow - very nice. Interesting and different.

It may seem like it is overstocked, but trust me the bio load is ridiculously low, I have not had but a single shrimp pass since this tank’s establishment 5 months ago

Aren't they fascinating? They enjoy hanging on the roots of floating plants like Red Root Floaters and Dwarf water lettuce.

Yes, I wrote a paper on their behavior last night if you have any interest in reading

Sure, you can post a link if it isn't commercial in nature to share with others too. Or PM me for direct.

One of my micro crabs has been living on the mossy shell of an assassin snail for about 3 days now

Back
Top Bottom