Female with green saddle? Help, pics included

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheDude

Aquarium Advice Activist
Is this a saddle? A few of my cherry shrimp have these, but I'm starting to wonder if these are eggs or not.

Please let me know!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1424314814966.jpg
    1424314814966.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 1424314835875.jpg
    1424314835875.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 1424314849378.jpg
    1424314849378.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 113
She looks berried in the pictures. A saddle is just the patch on the back where you can see the stored eggs, but this looks like you are going to have some little shrimplets soon!

Thank you! Hopefully she will hatch them soon. Any idea how long she has till then? she's pretty swollen with them under her tail.

I'm not sure. I never actually saw the eggs on mine, but then one morning, my shrimp tank was suddenly full of tiny shrimplets. You might not even be able to see them at first, since they are about a millimeter long and transparent.

I think the berried female will carry the eggs 2-4 weeks before they hatch. As they eggs mature, the will change from green to orangish-tan color.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

YES I GOT THIS SAME THING! Need help! Looked like eggs but now it looks like moss growing. Where did you get you shrimp,

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Some are from an order online from aquatic arts and others are from a LFS

The one in the picture has been getting more swollen under her tail with this green but it looks like it's way too small to be eggs. I don't know if they need to be fertalized? I have males in the tank. I've had a cherry shrimp that was pregnant before and wasn't green and you could see the individual eggs

YES I ORDERED FROM AQUATIC ARTS TOO !

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah not sure if it has to do with them though. When my shrimp came in a berried female was in the bunch and she had visible yellow eggs. Unfortunately she died after about a week, tried to save the eggs but no luck.

Back
Top Bottom