Fiddler Crab

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

King Neptune

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Curious about adding a fiddler crab to my setup. I have a 20 Gallon long with white skirt tetra, guppies, Ghost catfish and ghost shrimp. Is this viable? Should I upgrade first? The internet, as usual, is divided on their temperament so I wanted to hear from some experts! (y) Sorry if this is a dumb question Im still a newbie.

We have a fiddler crab in our 90 gallon. She has cories, tetras, rasboras, angelfish, loaches and snails for tankmates. As long as you provide them with a way and a spot for them to get out of the water, they should be fine.

I've had a few at times. They always seem to die. Ive read up on them a lot. It is said that they should be in brackish water only. The ones you buy in the store are in freshwater at least all that I've seen. Reading up it said they will die if they've been in freshwater pretty much at all. I love the lil guys especially the males(with one big claw). The places around here have like completely quit carrying them. I will get another, but I will wait until I have a perfect set-up for them. So as not to loose them. The longest I've had one is like 4ish months. I still say get one. They are also escape artists. They will find a way out, lol. They may eat some shrimp...

Back
Top Bottom