Filter feeding species.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gakkan

Aquarium Advice Regular
Anyone know of any other fan/filter feeding shrimp, I have bamboos and giant Africans, I know of the green lace shrimp too. Does anyone know of any more?

I've been googling them for hours but can't seem to find more than 3, green lace was discovered in 2007, so I say it's about time a new species was found =P I'll check out the clam too, sounds interesting.

I saw a Singapore shrimp at my LFS yesterday. They are filter feeders and have a neat stripe down their back. They grow quite large, about 3 inches long.

I saw a Singapore shrimp at my LFS yesterday. They are filter feeders and have a neat stripe down their back. They grow quite large, about 3 inches long.

I believe Singapore shrimp is another name for bamboo shrimp, along with fan shrimp and wood shrimp. They are super cool to watch.

Viper shrimp, (Atya gabonensi) is a great one they have a a deep blue color, will grow to a decent size of 6"

Viper shrimp, (Atya gabonensi) is a great one they have a a deep blue color, will grow to a decent size of 6"

Hehe thanks for the input, but viper is another name for the african giant, I have two of them. There's way too many names for these shrimp =P

Back
Top Bottom