Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Invertebrates
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-20-2017, 02:23 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular

Talking Finally starting a cherry shrimp nano tank!

I've always thought Red Cherry Shrimp were the coolest little things, but I've never wanted to pay $4 a piece for something half an inch long, but I finally decided to go ahead and do it.

My LFS only had three left, so I went ahead and bought them for my 3-gallon cube tank that's serving as a nursery tank for a small baby fish I found in my 15-gallon guppy/betta/ghost shrimp tank-- I'm pretty sure it's a guppy, but I'm not certain and I definitely don't know where it came from. The cube's been set up and running for nearly a month now and is planted with Anacharis, Java Moss, and Glossostigma (small). It's heated to 76-80F on any given day, LED lit for about 10-12 hours a day, and has a Whisper 3i filter-- not my first choice, but the suction is gentle enough for baby fish and it came with the tank, so I can't complain too much.

Right now, they're in the bag acclimating to the tank's temperature, but they should be ready to introduce in about 20 minutes or so. I'm just so excited I couldn't wait to share about them, but I'd also like to hear your opinion on my tank setup. Do you think it's a good set up? Do you have any tips for keeping them happy and healthy? How big or small is your shrimp tank, what kinds do you keep, and how many do you have?

Old 01-26-2017, 08:49 AM   #2
AA Member
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Looking forward to seeing progress pics!
Old 01-26-2017, 09:30 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Regular

Here's what it looks like so far.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzU...ew?usp=sharing
One of my three shrimp died, but as soon as my LFS gets some more in, I plan on getting about 3-5 more. I also ordered a sponge filter that should be here within the week so should they breed at some point, the babies don't get sucked into the filter--gentle as it may be, it's an air-powered filter with nothing to keep the babies from getting sucked into the tube and caught in the reservoir at the top.

Tags
cherry, cherry shrimp, fin, nano, nano tank, rim, shrimp, star, start, starting, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com