Fluval Spec V as a Red Cherry/ Crystal Shrimp Tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kcdragonfish13

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys, I have a Petco 2.5 gallon planted RCS tank that has caused a bunch of problems for me. I love my shrimp, and one was even carrying eggs when I bought them :D, but the tank is just.... not working so I think I should upgrade to a Fluval Spec V. I really like the look and was wondering if anyone had experience with this as a shrimp tank. Thanks for any responses!

The water keeps flowing over the edge of the filter and ruined my wood desk. The tank was really just a spare that I wanted to do something with but now I want to upgrade it. Maybe the shrimp would like more room also

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have the Fluval Spec V and it's honestly suck a great tank. My water is always clear, the lights are LED, and the pump is super silent that you can't even hear a thing. I've only kept a ghost shrimp with some other fish in this tank and the shrimp lived a little over a year. Good luck with your tank!

Thanks! Maybe I will get that!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The spec is nice and would make a good shrimp tank I reckon.

Yeah you definitely can't go on having the water overflowing.

I've got the edge as a shrimp tank. Looks spectacular, but pricey for what it is.

Back
Top Bottom