Glass shrimp and RCS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Annakhil

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I have a 10g planted tank that had 3 ghost shrimp with 7neon tetras and decided to go ahead and get some rcs since a friends tank is overflowing with them so he practically gave me 10 babies a good mix of females to males, I was VERY worried if the two different types of shrimp would get along since I know that the ghost have punchers, but they are surprisingly getting along well. I was just wondering if anyone else was has put these two together and has had either the same friendliness or maybe different outcomes.

These are some pics of my babies, the first one is of my biggest ghost I call her "big mama" cause she's carrying eggs and seems to be protective of all the tank dwellers.

Attachments

• image-2527638616.jpg
    image-2527638616.jpg
    249.9 KB · Views: 110
  • image-4208085183.jpg
    image-4208085183.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 110
  • image-3504747997.jpg
    image-3504747997.jpg
    236.8 KB · Views: 104
They would get along for the most part some glass shrimp could bully them for food
But the big thing is the RCS breeding the glass shrimp would attempt to eat RCS babies

Agreed. Aside from Ghosties eating RCS babies you should be fine.

Personally I'd just make it an RCS invert tank. Get some of the pretty snails like Nerite or Trapdoor with the RCS. 1 or 2 Amano Shrimp if you want some more Shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom