golden snail not moving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

water12

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got a golden snail last Friday (4 days ago) and it hasn't moved at all since. I put it in my bettas tank and he only messed with it for a couple minutes then seems to ignore it. O did the smell test yesterday to make sure it wasn't dead, and it was fine. It's shell is also starting to turn white. Should I be concerned with the white shell and absolutely no movement? Or is it just getting used to everything...still?

Check to see if the snail is actually in the shell. If the shell's empty, you've got a dead snail. Sometimes snails will stop moving for a long time but will resume movement eventually. Not sure about the white shell. What's your pH? Snails require hard water to build their shell.

K I'll double check when I get back tonight to see if its still in there. I have pretty hard water but ill check the ph also tonight when I can. Thanks for the input!

Well I meant to reply to this this morning, I looked to make sure he was in his shell still and as soon as I picked him up he fell right out. My betta didn't pick him apart so I think its my water that killed him. When I bought him he was crawling up the glass if my lfs tank so I know he was alive then

Did you acclimate the snail? Snails are very delicate and usually need 2 hour acclimation periods.

Back
Top Bottom