Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

laetitia

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
What's happened to my Cordory. . I got it on Wednesday and it was fine and yesterday I noticed it's tail looked snapped and I freaked I broke it adding an ornament but then the rest was gone t lloday.. is this an attack from a fish or something else? Everyone else seems fine..

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1412397423317.jpg
    1412397423317.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 57
With a variety I just ran to pet store had my water tested all my levels are good they said looks like a fungus and my female fighter has a white spot and one of my neon tetra fins turns white. They've given me salt to kill the fungus and a broad antibiotic to treat my tank. Maybe he introduced something to my tank?

If rot Is he too far to survive?

Not sure why this is in the Inverts but you should have at least 3 corydoras together - they are a schooling fish. Obviously, don't do this until the fungus is gone.

❤️ Invertebrates
Electric Blue Crayfish | CPO Crayfish | Shrimp

I didn't realize I posted in the wrong section sorry. This one has died hopefully treating the tank the rest of them get better. When will I know they are recovering?

I normally have a quarantine tank but my pregnant platy is using it for now.

I'll definitely not get any news ones until I know my tank is clear. I know all my water levels were good I had them check and everything was perfect only thing she said was ph was 7.4 ammonia is 0 and I can't remember the rest but everything was was where it should and I had it checked on weds and other then salt level being low gh? The rest was good. And I've added the salt required since and my gh level was perfect.

No clue what caused this

The new fish could have brought something in... It happens. That's why they always say quarantine new fish. It happens to the best of us and you don't always know how it happens. Follow the treatment instructions on the box or given by your LFS. You should probably treat a few days after all signs and symptoms are gone.

❤️ Invertebrates

I didn't realize I had to take the carbon out of my filter does that mean the treatment I gave them for yesterday was for nothing? I don't want to loose anymore

I didn't realize I had to take the carbon out of my filter does that mean the treatment I gave them for yesterday was for nothing? I don't want to loose anymore

Unfortunately yes... As I said, you have to follow the instructions carefully.

❤️ Invertebrates

It was written so tiny I didn't see do I re dose today but just half or a full dose or wait till tues when I would of been due again? Do I re add the aquarium salt or will that be OK?

OK I redid the tank I was sitting there watching just now and my female fighter was attached to a guppy fish tail attacking him... had like a lock jaw on him. maybe it's not rot but her being aggressive? I put her in a little float tank can she stay in there without being stressed?

Attachments

• 1412486776195.jpg
    1412486776195.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 35
Weird, one of my Cory's had that happen 2 days ago. Hoping it's just bad luck for the Cory as I'll be devistated if I lose the fish in my 29. Note: I just finished dosing my 20 for something. Not sure why'd it was but killed 75% of my stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I treated my tank for possible rot yesterday and I was told to put an antibiotic in the tank. Everyone seems happy. I'm kind of hoping the culprit for Cory death is my female betta as my water levels are in the perfect range so I'm stumped why I have fin rot unless. She is isolated for now and I'll eventually move her into my bigger bowl. But for the moment my pregnant platy is using it.

I'm only 6 months into aquarium hobby, I love it, yet I basically started backwards. I was given a ton of inaccurate information. I also figured a tank, water and fish - easy peasy. Ha I was wrong. Whatever my 20 gal had is gone now. I did a full break down Friday night. Removed an tossed sand and gravel, drained tank to empty used baking soda paste to wash down the inside and bottom of tank, let plants set in water for a day, all ornaments and accessories were briefly dipped in bleach water, rinsed and let scalding hot water run over them, soaked the siphon and tubing along with airstone with bleach water. I rinsed the siphon by running hot only water and using the siphon and tube to fill the 50 gal bucket 2x. Right now I have a few marbles holding plants down, the airstone, heater and filter. Everything else will be left to air dry for a few more days. While this sickness happened I lost 7 Cory cat, 7 Otto, and a load of guppies. My survivors are 2 fry, and a few guppy/endler hybrids that I would say are no more than 3 months old. Odd the young ones made it and the others didn't. Now I'm crossing my fingers it doesn't hit my 29 gal. 3 of the Cory and Otto that I lost were in that tank. I think they died due to the water change, didn't know they aren't supposed to have any salt and I added more than usual to try and boost their immune system. Anyway, didn't intend to go on and on. I'm not sure I'll ever truly believe what they tell me at the stores anymore. So I come here with my dozen questions and hope for help. That's the moral to my story. Sorry so long.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom