help please snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afishpond

Aquarium Advice Freak
ok so my snail shells look bad and they stop breeding so I was told calcium would fix this I have hard water so what do I need to feed to fix this?:banghead:

Last edited:
I used to always put a piece of cuddle bone in my tanks for the snails to get calcium from. You can get them from the bird section of most pet stores

Blanched spinach, kale or dandelion greens. Loaded with calcium and they love it. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1465785170.091228.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

+1 on kale and spinach, I also feed hikari crab cuisine full of calcium, butternut squash.Cuttlebone and calcium blocks in my tank as well. Here's a good site that I'm a member of Applesnail.net.forum they will be able to help you with the problem. What's your Ph? gh/Kh? How bad are the shells?
What's the temp?
55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras ,bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

Last edited:
ph 6.9 shell are all most white temp.76 were can you get calcium blocks and thinks for help

Hi, your ph is low, usually 7 and above is right for snail's. I know you can add crushed coral in a bag into your filter to help? But myself I only need cuttlebone and calcium blocks (which I buy off eBay ) as mine is 7.4. Your temp is fine, if it's too high it shortens there life and can also cause shell damage. How bad do they look?

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon boraras ,bamboo shrimp, crs,rcs and different snails.

hey guys anyone tried this looks like an easy ways to fix this and cheep Diatomaceous Earth it ground Fossil shell you can eat it I put some in dropper bottle about a table spoon to a 4 OZ. add water and do one drop per gal. snails starting to look better.Been 2weeks about and woo this has done it cost less than 5.00 for more than can be used in 5 year's so glad I tried this.

Back
Top Bottom