How many fiddlers can I keep in a 30 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheBasementNerd

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ok so my tank is a 30 gal and I have 1 male 2 female, and normally you can keep 1 male and 3 female in a 10 gal. Since my land and water areas effectively take up 15 gal each, or 3x the size of the land and water in a 10 gal, could I honestly get like another male? Assuming I added 2 or 3 females, for 5 female and 2 male in a 30 gal. Tank attached to show its setup for clarity, you can see the male on top of the rock for scale

Attachments

• 20200514_184045.jpg
    20200514_184045.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 43
So having up to 8 should be fine maybe 2 males at most and keeping mind that you may lose one occasionally due to fighting but it just comes with the territory of crab keeping.

The only thing I would say is that you tank seems a bit sparce in terms of hiding places, rocks, caves and crevasses. Crabs love those and it will keep in-fighting minimized as when they start fighting one will run and hide, also when they Molt they become easy targets and will be attacked. What I would do to give males there own space is make two shores on either side and have your water in the middle, or maybe put an ornament or rock sticking out of the water so that each male can get out of the water and have their own land piece without worry.

Good luck with the fiddler's they are incredibly fun to keep.

Back
Top Bottom