I thought they were dead! opinions please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreamwallaby

Aquarium Advice Activist
so I had added 5 red cherries to the tank and I know 3 died, I saw bodies. at least one died after molting and I think the second did as well. so I decided to try again. I added 2 red cherry and 2 fire. they started to go missing and I figured they too had died. only had 2 cherry and 1 fire left besides my 5 Orange bee. I also found a molt for each missing. I thought maybe the LFS just had weak cherries so I decided to order blue pearls from a breeder and put the cherries in my son' s tank where they'd probably become lunch for somebody. I just moved my driftwood and found 5 of the * missing presumed dead* huddled together in a small hole :eek5:. so of the 11 shrimp total including bees, I counted at least 10. My 12 blue pearls will be here by Thursday and I can't put them together. I don't want to make the cherries feeders either now that I know they are actually happy/healthy and one of the fires is berried.
What do I do????:banghead:
I can house them together if I dump the shrimplets into my son' s tank or I can still move the cherries to his tank but see if the LFS will take his Raphael catfish so the shrimp have a chance?
OR can I set up a bowl for the cherries?? How do I make it ok in 2 days?
Thank you

Well, if you have enough plants in your son's tank which I assume is the one with endlers and badis as per your signature, then put them in there. As you just saw, they don't need alot of space.

A gold old fashion fish bowl will work, it's just keeping it heated. You can buy heaters for bowls, just dump some stones, Anubias and or Java moss if you go that route.

Actually the big tank is his, but he has dwarf gouramis and a Raphael cat that I'm afraid will eat the shrimp. I didn't care when I thought it was a weak batch but I feel awful putting them in there now.

Yeah, I see the dilemma. Can't keep the w/ blue pearls as they'd interbreed. Put them in the other tank and they'd probably be lunch.

So... Either get them a small bowl .. Use some substrate and small Anubias from the other tank ... Or into the larger tank. If its planted heavy enough with rocks and DW they should have enough hiding places to survive.

Back
Top Bottom