Im a WUSSY - killing snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DjBootleg

Aquarium Advice Freak
Alright I'm gonna be honest here. I feel like a complete wuss, I have an infestation of pond snails in a few of my tanks. One in which I sell plants out of. Every time I sell plants I have to take them out and inspect them. Remove any snails.

I'm seriously considering buying assassin snails or some type of loach. But I'd be lying if I said part of me feels a little bad. So am I alone in this? Lol or do you to feel a little bad when killing little snails.

Lmao

Alright I'm gonna be honest here. I feel like a complete wuss, I have an infestation of pond snails in a few of my tanks. One in which I sell plants out of. Every time I sell plants I have to take them out and inspect them. Remove any snails.

I'm seriously considering buying assassin snails or some type of loach. But I'd be lying if I said part of me feels a little bad. So am I alone in this? Lol or do you to feel a little bad when killing little snails.

Lmao

I don't think you're alone in it but everything needs to eat something. I think assassins are the best option. I love loaches too but found the assassins did a much better job & if you're squeamish they're less obviousness about killing. It ends being pretty cool cuz now my dark Fluval substrate is littered with tiny little snail shells. Gives it a little more interest in my shrimp tank

I don't think you're alone in it but everything needs to eat something. I think assassins are the best option. I love loaches too but found the assassins did a much better job & if you're squeamish they're less obviousness about killing. It ends being pretty cool cuz now my dark Fluval substrate is littered with tiny little snail shells. Gives it a little more interest in my shrimp tank

ya guess im gonna have to go with those.. thanks man.

Assassins are fun to watch. Plus as a bonus, if there is that much food in there they should breed well for you.

Stupid smart phone!

Now that's an oxymoron. You better coin that phrase, because its a good one.

I introduced 10 MTS to my planted tank about a month ago. I have lots of MTS now. I figure the population will be self-limiting at some point and I don't ship plants so I am not too worried about it yet.

my angle love sit when I catch snails at the top of the tank and crush them...just wish he would realize he could do the same LOL

my angle love sit when I catch snails at the top of the tank and crush them...just wish he would realize he could do the same LOL

Haha. Yeah my shrimp are all over the dead bodies as soon as they hit the bottom of the tank

I feel bad about that too haha. I end up just leaving the snails there, of course I'm not selling plants or anything so I don't have to be physically bothered with them so my opinon is lax

I agree 100% assassins have eaten all of my big mts and the shells litter the sand. It's pretty cool. Now I just have smaller ones left. And im not squeamish about killing some snails myself. I'll crush the shell with my multiple-tool, pull out the snail then drop it in my tank for the fish.

I agree 100% assassins have eaten all of my big mts and the shells litter the sand. It's pretty cool. Now I just have smaller ones left. And im not squeamish about killing some snails myself. I'll crush the shell with my multiple-tool, pull out the snail then drop it in my tank for the fish.

I don't have many snails left. My assassins did too good of a job.

Back
Top Bottom