Increasing Babies Survival Rate?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
I don't have good experience in keeping shrimplets alive. Yesterday i saw some babies as i saw in past but i never see them again after few days. So i hope this doesn't happen again this time. What are some tips to increase baby survival rate?

I already installed a airstone to aerate the water because use bacter ae.

I use these foods. Bacter ae, glasgarten shrimp dinner, dennerele shrimp king color. Do i need to use a specialized baby food as well? Or if bacter ae is enough and in case of babies how often i need to use bacter ae?
Also please mention any other tip you have to increase babies survival rate. Thanks.

I see babies as well (probably less than a week old) in my shrimp only tank. Then they disappear. I have a ton of subwassertang and moss so there is no telling if they are simply hiding in there or dying off. I cant say if I see an increase in small juveniles in the tank. Then again, there are few berried females in the tank at the moment.
OP - I know they sell food geared toward the increased survival of shrimp fry but in a lot of cases, fry manage to survive despite lack of specific care. The amount of available biofilm helps (the addition of Bacter AE should promote a healthy biofilm).

As long as your fish tank does not have predators, and you can see your adult shrimps happily doing their thing. your babies should be just fine.

A lot of hiding space can really put them to stealth mode. My 36 gallons are filled with shrimps and I hardly see babies, but somehow they keep multiplying. So babies are somewhere!

Back
Top Bottom