Infusoria/ algae culture

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cammywammy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
About 5 days ago I took water out of my fish tank with a bit of gravel and my old filter media filled with goop and placed it all into a 1 gallon tank an put the tank in front of a window with no utilities. The point of this was to grow beneficial algae for my snails to eat but the water is now white and cloudy is this a form or algae or infusoria?

cloudy water is a sign of bacteria bloom, which will eventually clear up. At that point you should have a substantial amount of infusoria in there (they eat the bacteria).

For greenwater, try some tank water in the window sill and add some macerated grass clippings or some other leafy vegetable, or a little bit of miracle gro plant spike.

Is it bad to add snails in a bacterial bloom? And should I restart? I would like to have both infusoria and algae

Ok thank you for the replies! I'll find some leaves I've heard lettuce is great but we only have non organic letucd

Back
Top Bottom