invert stocking fir 10 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corydoralover

Aquarium Advice Activist
What inverts should i put in my 10 gallon? I'm a beginner at inverts. Its a planted tank. It has no fish.

Or a couple of dozen cherry shrimp would work too and you could still have the snail. Shrimp have a very low bioload, and are quite small, so you can have quite a few in a small tank.

You could also have Ghost shrimp, which are very inexpensive, but do not have live babies. They have larval ones, and if there are no fish, you may well get some surviving to grow up.

Just make sure you have hard water and pH over 7.. most inverts need hard water and calcium to make good shells. Crystal shrimp are an exception, as are the Taiwan Bees and other more expensive shrimps.

You can sell them or you can get some nano fish like chili rasbora (bororas brigittae) or a badis badis which would eat some shrimp lets and help keep the population down

There is always a market for extra shrimps of almost any species, even if only as feeders for larger fish. So overpopulation is usually not an issue. Shrimp have next to no bioload compared to any fish, so quite large numbers of them can live in very small spaces.

Get some CPO (Mexican Dwarf Crayfish). They are very hardy for the novice keeper and are a heck of a lot of fun to watch. A lot more personality than shrimps.

Back
Top Bottom