Is it a good idea to add 4 ghost shrimp to a tank with 4 cherry shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi, and welcome!

My opinion would be no, the Ghost shrimp tend to be much more aggressive to the Cherry shrimp. Some shrimp called Ghost shrimp could also be Grass shrimp. If they have a sharply angled back then they would tend to be considered Ghost shrimp.

If they have an arched back like a Cherry Shrimp, then they might be in the Neo family. From my reading about shrimp there are so many varieties in all kinds of locations across the world. Often shrimp are caught in locations anywhere in the world (where they can survive temperature wise) and could be different varieties.

Clear looking shrimp are often referred to as Grass Shrimp or Ghost shrimp.

I had combined Ghost shrimp in with Cherry Shrimp and the Ghosts routinely were larger and more aggressive in the feeding times especially. I could not see when the shrimp molted but I am pretty sure they would have tried to eat the Cherry shrimp.

The Ghost shrimp were removed and I then saw the Cherry shrimp produce babies.

What Autumn said. Its not a good idea. Don't mix them with dwarf shrimps

What Autumn said. Its not a good idea. Don't mix them with dwarf shrimps
Alright thanks guys, so what should I do next, I've been planning to move my cherry shrimp from my tank to my now currently empty ten gallon for a while. Is this a good idea? Can I do a water change and add the dirty water to the ten gallon and move some media from my filter then immediately add the shrimp?

Alright thanks guys, so what should I do next, I've been planning to move my cherry shrimp from my tank to my now currently empty ten gallon for a while. Is this a good idea? Can I do a water change and add the dirty water to the ten gallon and move some media from my filter then immediately add the shrimp?
Oh yeah I forget to mention I added the ghost shrimp then wondered if it was safe, oops

Back
Top Bottom