Just saw something really creepy eating a snail!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chasecolette

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I recently bought a couple assassin snails due to a pond snail population explosion in my tank. I haven’t really seen them in action at all yet, but to my horror, I did witness a BUG LOOKING THING seeming to be trying to suck the flesh out of a baby pond snail. It was right next to an assassin snail so idk if the assassin came out of its shell or what...but it was dark brown kind of striped looking, more similar to a pill bug then what I would imagine a snails body. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THIS IS??? I’m freaked out. I have a video, not quite sure how to post it tho...google searches have not helped me and honestly, I am really unsettled from this lmao. If you know what that could possibly be please reply! Or know how to post a video!

Do you have a picture?

Sounds like a dragonfly nymph which will hunt other things in your tank and should be removed.

If it is pretty large and dark its probably a dragonfly nymph like the others have already said. They can be dangerous to small fish so I would try to get it out of there if you can.

Back
Top Bottom