Let's see your shrimp!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It appears they are! Many thanks. ****it it appears they aren't fully aquatic. Not sure how they've survived this long. I might just take them out and stuff them in a little bowl for now until I construct some sort of platform for them to relax on.

Not exactly for shrimp, or crabs but it works great for crabs, turtle floating lily pad comes in different sizes and you can keep the water level down a couple inches and tape up any holes where the airlines and tubes come in, or they could crawl out.

My cute Tangerine Tiger shrimp, couldn't remember if I posted them or not. Now in the jungle shrimp breeding tank with Blue Velvet tank.

60074-albums13090-picture68865.jpg

Not exactly for shrimp, or crabs but it works great for crabs, turtle floating lily pad comes in different sizes and you can keep the water level down a couple inches and tape up any holes where the airlines and tubes come in, or they could crawl out.

My cute Tangerine Tiger shrimp, couldn't remember if I posted them or not. Now in the jungle shrimp breeding tank with Blue Velvet tank.

60074-albums13090-picture68865.jpg

Sweet shrimp! And thanks for the advice. I'll be picking up floating lily pads ASAP

Quick question for you shrimp guys, what shrimp, other than amano, could go with a betta?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Quick question for you shrimp guys, what shrimp, other than amano, could go with a betta?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Aquarium Advice mobile app

In all honesty it just depends on your betta. Mine has been kept with every color variation. Currently my betta is in a 10g with 5 endlers and 35ish red cherry shrimp.

40g community
36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
5.5g betta

I plan on getting some rcs...... in my thirty gallon. Sooooo. Yup. Sorry I dont have any to show yet. But all the shrimp are beautiful

I think this will be it for a while - unless I can convince my husband into another tank before we move.

Pretty shrimp! I'm still not bold enough to try CRS, will have to be content with red rili for now.

How many tanks do you have running now? I recently took down 3 of the small ones so I have 6 going. I may eventually upgrade the 2.5g on my desk to a 5g, otherwise I think I'm good for now.

I have 5 right now- I have a neo and caridina in each tank for now. Eventually will probably split them once I get more room

I got my CRS when I went to visit Han. He's had his colony over time so they've adjusted to really neutral water- it was pretty much 7ph tds was about 200 and I can't remember his gh and kh

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1439529646.537170.jpg
I added some new driftwood to my shrimp tank today, and they immediately starting climbing all over it.

Has anyone had experience with vampire shrimp? I bought one last evening from a fish store. Acclimated him slowly, with a special little cave for him to hide in. After he got in the tank, quick as a flash he climbed onto my anubias attached to my driftwood and started aiming his fans in the direction of the pump. But this morning, he's disappeared. Out of sight. I keep him on a desk with various other items, but he remains nowhere to be seen. His tankmates can't have eaten him - I have around 6 snails from the wild, perhaps 30 ghost shrimp, two albino cory cats and a male betta. The tank's planted, but after a thorough check he's nowhere to be found. I have a lid, but it doesn't cover the entire tank - there's space for HOB filters and air pump tubes. Has anyone ever had their vampire shrimp escape? My little red clawed crabs and blue crayfish tried, so I wouldn't be surprised.

Has anyone had experience with vampire shrimp? I bought one last evening from a fish store. Acclimated him slowly, with a special little cave for him to hide in. After he got in the tank, quick as a flash he climbed onto my anubias attached to my driftwood and started aiming his fans in the direction of the pump. But this morning, he's disappeared. Out of sight. I keep him on a desk with various other items, but he remains nowhere to be seen. His tankmates can't have eaten him - I have around 6 snails from the wild, perhaps 30 ghost shrimp, two albino cory cats and a male betta. The tank's planted, but after a thorough check he's nowhere to be found. I have a lid, but it doesn't cover the entire tank - there's space for HOB filters and air pump tubes. Has anyone ever had their vampire shrimp escape? My little red clawed crabs and blue crayfish tried, so I wouldn't be surprised.
Probably molted and is hiding. Did you see any shell remnants?

Get some really intense reds in the jungle tank:

img_3276948_0_21345d7dbcc39c69374cc5acc83b4b7f.jpg

Red rili this evening:

img_3276948_1_c54fa73b038202cd8123013addf46349.jpg

Back
Top Bottom